I have always loved taking pictures to record different memories, however big or small they are. Because 2016 was the year I graduated from high school, I made the extra effort to take tons and tons of photos. I am so glad I have all of these pictures because they’re always there to remember the bittersweet moments that you will remember for the rest of your life. Here are my 16 favorite photos from 2016:
1. My friend Claire and I at one of our high school’s basketball games #BALLISLIFE
2. My friends Claire, Claire, and I decided to take a trip up to San Francisco for a weekend in March. In the midst of college decisions coming out, we thought that exploring a new city would keep our minds off of the anxious waiting. It was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, stalking out the best food and taking photos at the most touristy spots in SF! Linked below is my travel diary for San Francisco:
3. After being on my high school cheer and song (dance) team for 4 years and captain my senior year, the entire cheer program held a cheer banquet to celebrate the end of our 2016 season. Cheer was such a special part of my life, and I was so sad to say goodbye. Yet, I hold onto my fond memories of it till this day, always looking back at photos taken at football and basketball games, practice, and homecoming. #campfiresongSONG4ever. Linked below is a video from our 2015 homecoming performance:
4. My fellow cheer captain Maddie and I before ’16-’17 Song tryouts. How bittersweet :’)
5. This was taken from backstage at my high school auditorium during my last dance performance. I was on dance for 4 years, and I absolutely loved it. I always challenged myself to get more flexible, develop more technique, and try different genres. Through dance, I found a creative outlet to express myself in ways that words couldn’t. I made some amazing friends from it and will never regret my decision to join dance.
6. Prom with my besties Claire, Claire, and Rachelle #ACRC ❤
7. Pre-graduation pics with Claire and Rachelle
8. Smorgasburg LA with Rachelle, eating Nana Pops! #yummm
9. The most beautiful sunset in Fira, Santorini. I traveled around Europe for four weeks with my mom and nanny, eating the most delicious food, seeing the most spectacular monuments, and overall soaking in the rich cultures of London, Paris, Barcelona, Athens, and Santorini. I made a travel video on my trip through Europe (including a stop in New York City), which I will link below:
10. My 18th birthday brunch at Commissary at the Line Hotel in Koreatown.
11. In August, I moved into my NYU dorm, which I decorated like my room at home, with christmas lights and tons of photos of my friends and family 🙂
12. In October, I visited Rachelle at Johns Hopkins after not seeing her for a few months. We went to the Rawlings Conservatory in Baltimore as a nice Saturday afternoon outing.
13. After not seeing each other for 3 months, Claire comes from Edinburgh, Scotland to visit me in NYC, eating xiao long bao (juicy pork dumplings) at Joe’s Shanghai.
14. For Halloween, I dressed up as a Greek goddess, while my friend dressed up as the equivalent of a Greek god: the legendary Ken Bone. #inthebonezone
15. For winter break, my family and I went to Peru, specifically Lima, Cusco, and Machu Picchu. There, I discovered my love for alpacas and llamas.
16. And of course, on NYE, Claire and I celebrated the end of 2016 (gladly!), and the beginning of 2017. 2017, please be nice to us, thanks.
Hope you liked seeing my 2016 in 16 photos and are looking forward to 17 photos of 2017 😉
Cheers to a new, prosperous year,